Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Why Do I Prefer Apple Products?



I was a Windows PC user up until about 6 years ago when I bought my first Apple computer, an iMac. From that point on I never looked back. About a year after that I purchased a 13" MacBook Pro and soon after, an iPad. This year I treated myself to a 15" MacBook Pro with the retina display, and I am extremely pleased with it. Why have I grown so attached to Apple?

When I first turned on my iMac I loved the screen and the fact that everything fit neatly on my desk in one sleek package. It was easy to use and there was a very minimal learning curve compared to using a PC. In fact, it was easier and more intuitive to use. I also never had any problems with viruses on it like I did with my past PCs. I did have a hard drive fail on it and it was under warranty. I took it to a local Mac store and it was replaced. When I got home I loaded my backup from my Time Machine hard drive and it was like nothing ever happened. I continued to use it regularly until my next upgrade.

My next purchase was a 13" MacBook Pro laptop. I used it everywhere; on my couch, in my bed, out at the coffee shop, on trips at hotels, etc. It did indeed render my iMac almost obsolete. I only use my iMac today to do printing with and a few other tasks that I do at my desk, which is little. I have had my MacBook Pro going on 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. What I like about the Apple laptops is that no matter how light or thin they are, they never feel cheap, like most of the Windows brands out there like Acer, Toshiba, etc. The Windows laptops look cheap and feel cheap.

When it comes to operating systems, the Apple OS is much stabler than Windows, which has always been a buggy OS. The Apple OS is sleeker and more attractive and has a sense of style to it, that Windows has never had. Windows is simply tasteless. Its like eating a bowl of bland thin soup, while Apple is more like eating a hefty bowl of thick tasty stew.

How about the iPad? The only beef I have with the iPad is Apple's refusal to play ball with Adobe, which means Flash does not work when surfing the web. Other than that, my 32G second generation iPad is used almost as much as my MacBooks. Will I be upgrading to the new Air? Probably not any time soon, since there is nothing wrong with my 2nd gen model. But deep down inside, I really want one! Perhaps next year some time.

This year I decided to upgrade to the 15" MacBook Pro with the retina display. Again, I could not be happier with it. The display is incredible and the battery life is amazing. Even at 15 inches I can take it anywhere and use it comfortably. I absolutely cannot go back to another style of touch pad after using Apple's for so long. All of the others on PC laptops feel cheap and do not function the same. I still use my 13" MacBook depending what I am doing and where I am going.

You may be wondering why I do not have an iPhone. It is for pure economic and practical reasons. I used to work for a cellular carrier called Metro PCS, and I have an Android phone that I continue to use on their $50.00 a month no contract service. At some point in the future I will buy an iPhone, but for now there is no reason to trash a perfectly good Droid.

What about price? This where Apple really shines with their product. Most people buy on a perceived value, and Apple delivers on overall value. When it comes to price it does not matter that I can buy two Acer laptops for the price of one Mac. I have an Acer at home that I use for those Windows tasks that I need to do every once in awhile in conjunction with work. Yes, it costs a little less than half of the MacBook Pro, but I hate it! The touch pad sucks and well, its Windows 7. In short, I would rather have one cool MacBook Pro than two or three cheap feeling PC laptops that I hate.

In summary, why am I an Apple fan? Apple products are high quality, stylish products that offer the functionality that I want. They are well built, easy to use, they feel like a quality product, and they seem to last. I rarely have had any functional issues with their products and their OS is very stable. No blue screens of death! At times it is good to have a PC laptop laying around to use for those Windows ready gadgets, or Windows software you may need once in awhile. At work I am provided with a PC. Other than that I have no intentions of ever going back to a Windows PC for my personal use. I am a loyal Apple fan because Apple is able to meet my buying motivations, which are quality, style, functionality and usability.


No comments:

Post a Comment