Friday, October 25, 2013

My Philosophy On Sales: 'Helping and Assisting'


There are many ways to approach the idea of sales. Many of those involved in sales are in it just for the money, some are stuck in the field, some have a natural talent for it, some have to do it to run their business, and the list goes on. We all have our reasons for being involved in sales. My philosophy on sales revolves around one core ideal, which is 'Help' or 'Assistance.' If I am promoting a product or service I must believe that it has an innate value to help those who purchase it. It must believe I can provide a high level of value to my customers, otherwise I should not be selling it. Selling something that is uninteresting to you is like trying to push a stubborn mule up hill!

In order to really engage in sales at a high level, you must be willing to spend more than just your eight hour day thinking of ways to help others with your product or service. In order to devote such time and effort, you have to truly believe in it! You must have a high interest in your offering. Even when I am not actively working on a project on my off hours, I am always thinking about ways to improve my ability to connect with others and effectively communicate the value of my product and company.

When sales is viewed from the idea of assisting or helping people to make smart, educated decisions, then it becomes very personal. Your product or service becomes something you can fully identify with and engage in. This mindset keeps things fresh and you will not grow tired of finding new ways to present it to people. Sales is personal profession, and if you are selling something you do not believe has any real value, or you are uninterested in, then I suggest you dust off your resume and start looking for something else. If you cannot truly personalize your product or service, so that you can truly help and assist others, then you are not in a good position to realize true sales success.


No comments:

Post a Comment