Monday, January 27, 2014

Be More Productive: Build Your Own Standing Desk!

Sitting at your desk all day can be bad for you. It is also makes you lethargic. The answer? The standing desk workstation! I built my own about 6 months ago and I will never go back to a regular desk.

I used a nice piece of 2ft by 4ft Birch plywood for the top. I used 2x4s for the legs. Then I built the back computer monitor ledge with 1x4s sitting on top of pieces of 4x4s. The unit sits on top of my old desk, which gives me a nice accessible storage area underneath, as well as a niche for my PC to sit in next to it. Now I stand most of the time, but can sit for a bit to rest on my stool. It actually makes me more productive throughout the day standing most of the time, rather than sitting in my old office chair.

Once I had mine in place my CEO saw it and got his own standing desk, and he loves it. Others in the office are also considering having one. Take the standing desk challenge! You can put it together for about 25 bucks, and you will never do business the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment